You have to understand one thing. Cash App is a phone based payment app. This means, it is a digital service for sending, receiving and storing money. Most of you would agree that not all digital services remain the same on all days. Sometimes they also behave in unexpected ways. The same is true with the Square Cash app. However, the Cash App handles most transactions successfully, but sometimes due to a wide range of technical and non-technical reasons, some payments on the Cash App fail. To help you understand the possible reasons for a failed or pending Cash App payment, I have listed some of the most common reasons. Look at them and avoid making these mistakes on your behalf.
· You are using a poor internet connection while sending, receiving, and adding money on the Cash App.
· There is not enough balance in your wallet or bank account.
· You have entered the wrong card details on the Cash App.
· Your linked bank account or card has expired.
· Bank has frozen your account temporarily or there is some server related issue.
· Probably, you are using an old and expired version of Cash App mobile application.
· Remember Cash App has some limits to send and receive money. Make sure you are not exceeding the limit.
· Ensure that you are not violating any policy of Cash App.
· Never do anything that makes you appear as a suspicious Cash App user.